FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lexington, KY-July 29, 2014-The United States Hunter Jumper Association is pleased to announce the addition of the $2,500 High Score 4 & 5-Year-Old Bonus Award, presented by Barnfield Foundation to the 2014 Pre-Green Incentive Championship on August 12-14 in Lexington, KY.
The High Score 4 & 5-Year-Old Bonus Award will be given to the horse that is either four or five years old, and earns the highest cumulative score from round one and round two of the Championship. The Award will be presented on August 14 during the Opening Ceremonies, prior to the Pre-Green Incentive Championship Round.
This year's Pre-Green Incentive Championship will offer five new bonus awards for exhibitors:
- $2,500 International Hunter Futurity Bonus Award
- $1,500 Thoroughbred Bonus Award presented by TAKE2 Second Career Thoroughbred Program, Inc.
- $2,500 High Score American Quarter Horse Bonus Award presented by Plastilite Corporation and Equine Semen Transporter
- $5,000 High Score American-Bred Bonus Award in remembrance of Candie Owens, presented by Oakwell Farms and DS Holdings, LLC
- $2,500 High Score 4 & 5-Year-Old Bonus Award presented by Barnfield Foundation
The Pre-Green Incentive Program debuted in December 2012, and has garnered praise from members across the country for its encouragement of the development of young horses. The Pre-Green Incentive Program is open to horses of any age that are eligible to compete as a pre-green hunter under USEF rules. Horses must be enrolled in the USHJA Pre-Green Incentive Program to participate in the Pre-Green Stake classes and to be eligible for the Pre-Green Championship. In 2013, prize money for the Pre-Green Incentive Championship topped $157,000 with 65 percent of Pre-Green Incentive Program enrollment fees and 50 percent of Championship entry fees contributing to the purse. Additionally, the timeline has expanded from two days to three to accommodate the large number of entries seen in the inaugural year and expected again in 2014.
For more information about the 2014 Pre-Green Incentive Championship and the five bonus awards, please visit the Pre-Green Incentive Championship page of our website. Please note that some of the bonus awards require exhibitors to register for that particular award. Registration closes August 1, 2014.